About The Position
Wigle Whiskey is hell bent on creating a vital, educated community around the highest quality, most inventive, bursting-with-terroir fermented and distilled products in the world. We make high quality spirits from the best local ingredients, treat one another as family and customers as friends. We invest in our communities to support the agricultural, social and economic systems of which we are apart.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, learning daily production including mashes, fermentations, distillations, dilutions, barreling, proofing, and bottling of Wigle products. Apprentice distillers also manage daily record keeping of production activities as required by State, Federal, and certifying organic agencies. An apprentice must be timely, dependable, hardworking, professional, and comfortable working in a manufacturing setting. Applicants must be able to move 60 lbs, have a driver's license, and a clean driving record.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Candidates must be willing to work early mornings, late nights, and weekends and be comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
Please include a cover letter with your resume, detailing why you are interested in the role and what skills you would bring to the team.
Day to Day Production
- Run the day to day production of mash, ferment, distilling, and management of warehouse operations
- Meeting daily production quotas
- Operational Management
- Milling and Mashing grain
- Proofing spirits
- Preparing botanicals for gin
- Blending spirits
- Managing production volumes for tax purposes
- Inventory management, procurement and quality assurance including, but not limited to: Grain; Enzymes; Yeast; Botanicals; Barrels; Bottles; Closures; Labels; Shrink Sleeves; Cleaning supplies
- Tool & Equipment management and maintenance, including but not limited to: Fermenters; Mashtun; Low pressure steam boiler; Forklift; Computer Equipment; Misc. pumps, hoses, adapters, etc.;
- Preventative Maintenance Program; Cleaning; Maintaining a clean production environment; Maintenance & cleanliness of the distillery equipment; Maintaining a clean office, lab, warehouse and restroom
- Creating, following and updating procedures including but not limited to:
- Tolerances on labeling machine/service procedure
- Acceptable guidelines for bottle notes contents
- Troubleshooting procedure for filling bottles
- New and reused bottle cleaning procedures
- Closure cleaning procedure
- General facilities cleaning procedure Production tank & still cleaning
- Production Reporting; Shipments to customers, as needed; Monthly Storage, Processing & Production reports for the TTB
Physical demands include, but are not limited to, moving up to 60lbs, consistent movement around a manufacturing setting, and transporting supplies to different locations. This is not an all inclusive summary of duties and responsibilities required of the Apprentice Distiller and may change at any time with or without notice.
Wigle Whiskey and Threadbare Cider & Mead are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Positive attitude and team player
- Able to move 60 lbs, have a driver's license, and a clean driving record
- Willing to work early mornings, late nights, and weekends and be comfortable in a manufacturing environment