About The Position
Threadbare Cider and Mead is hell bent on creating a vital, educated community around the highest quality, most inventive, bursting-with-terroir fermented products in the world. We make high quality ciders from the best local ingredients, treat one another as family and customers as friends. We invest in our communities to support the agricultural, social and economic systems of which we are apart.
Threadbare Ciderhouse is a must see destination for cider, mead, and food that is a short walk away from the North Shore. We are excited to accept candidates for the role of Line Cook. This is a full-time position with excellent healthcare benefits and a 401(K) plan.
The Threadbare kitchen aims to produce the highest quality local American fair with an emphasis on technique and execution. Much like our ciders, we will draw influence from the diversity of the region. Threadbare aims to celebrate the diversity of Pennsylvania agriculture, the area's cidermaking history, and the wonders of yeast. Our fermented pizza dough, pickles, and award-winning cider are the pillars of that focus, followed by a strong advocation for locally sourced produce.
We are only interested in applications from experienced line cooks with at least two years of full-service kitchen experience. Applicants must be able to consistently work nights and weekends. Please also include at least three references of former employers.
Please note that as a manufacturer of ciders and mead we are unable to hire an individual who will simultaneously work for another licensee.
Wigle Whiskey and Threadbare Cider & Mead are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Previous experience in a full-service kitchen (2+ years)
- Consistent night and weekend availability
- Ability to execute menu items in a timely and organized manner
- Ability to prepare food items needed to execute service
- Ability to work in accordance with food safety guidelines
- Ability to maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards in the kitchen and with kitchen equipment.
- Ability to frequently move up to 50 lbs
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours while consistently and quickly moving
- Abide by our increased COVID-19 cleanliness and safety policies
- Be able to communicate efficiently and respectfully to other team members