About The Position
Wigle Whiskey is hell bent on creating a vital, educated community around the highest quality, most inventive, bursting-with-terroir fermented and distilled products in the world. We make high quality spirits from the best local ingredients, treat one another and customers as friends. We invest in our communities to support the agricultural, social and economic systems of which we are apart.
Wigle Whiskey Distillery celebrates craft spirits and local whiskey history. We are excited to expand our team with a part-time tour guide role. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, welcoming tour attendees, breaking down and setting up tours, conducting hour-long tours throughout the Wigle Production space, and informing and educating customers on our products. Physical duties include, but are not limited to, consistent movement throughout the production space and moving boxes of product and supplies.
During the Wigle Tour, our tour guides walk attendees through our production process as well as the history of whiskey in South-Western Pennsylvania.
Applicants must have an unreasonable love of Pittsburgh, whiskey, craft spirits and people. They must be quick to smile and be willing to learn lots about craft spirit making. Applicants must have Saturday availability
The Training Plan
The below paid training needs to be completed in a one month time period, so that everything is fresh in your mind when you start giving tours.
- Attend 2 tours given by current Wigle Tour Guides – at no cost and you can bring one friend to each tour.
- Study the tour script and FAQ sheet.
- Pass a FAQ “quiz”—it’s gentle we swear.
- Come to a guides-only training session on the Whiskey Rebellion history and in depth distillation discussion.
- Give two public tours with the assistance of a veteran tour guide; one with a history focus and the other with a production focus.
- Schedule a (free) practice tour for 8-12 of your friends and family and a current Wigle team member as a practice run.
- Once deemed ready by the Wigle team, you’ll be ready to start conducting solo tours!
The safety of our employees and customers are of the highest priority. We have set in place extensive health and safety standards that all employees must uphold.
Please note that as a manufacturer of spirits we are unable to hire an individual who will simultaneously work for another licensee.
Wigle Whiskey and Threadbare Cider & Mead are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.