The Great Threadbare Pie Bake-Off and Sweet Peach Cider Release
July 28 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Calling all home bakers and aspiring pastry chefs! Celebrate the release of Sweet Peach Cider on Sunday, July 28th with the Great Threadbare Pie Bake-off! This aromatic sweet cider captures the warmth and freshness of a peach orchard in late July, when the juiciest peaches are ripe for picking. What other better way to capture the season than with a pie baking contest?
The Great THREADBARE Pie Bake-off 2019
Sunday, July 28th, 11AM – 2PM
At the Threadbare Ciderhouse, 1291 Spring Garden Avenue
- Have FUN! You are baking pie!
- This competition is open to any amateur home-baker age 21 or older.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made in private kitchens by hobbyist bakers (i.e. no use of commercial facilities or bake on premises of professional operations, etc.).
- We welcome any type of pie you’d like to bake! Crumb crust, cream based, we can’t wait to see what delicious combinations you concoct!
- Limit 1 type of 9″ pie entry per registration. 2 Pies of the same type must be baked per registration. One for Judging, one for showing off to Threadbare guests. Registration deadline is July 24th. Pie entry form (see end of rules) should be filled out as soon as you can confirm your entries.
- You must be present in order to win.
- Pie Submission is Sunday, July 28th from 10:30am – 11am.
- You are responsible for bringing your pie(s). You are responsible for staying at the event from the time of pie submission through the award ceremony at 1pm.
Your name and pie name will be printed and ready to be matched with your pie Entries will be judged blindly during the event, on the following categories:
Taste – 10 points
Appearance – 5 points
Crust – 5 points
Creativity – 5 points
9. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry.
10. Judges Panel will consist of up to 5 Pittsburgh Famous foodies, bakers, and pie enthusiasts!
11. Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place entry winners as follows:
First Place- 1 Bottle of Sweet Peach Cider and 2 Bottles of Threadbare Cider of your choice, two tickets for a Threadbare Cider House tour, and the prestigious Golden Cider Bottle Trophy!
Second Place- 1 Bottle of Sweet Peach Cider and 1 bottle of Threadbare Cider of your choice
Third Place- 1 bottle of Threadbare Sweet Peach Cider
12. Did we mention – we want you to HAVE FUN!
13. Direct any questions or feedback to Elise Miranda at email@example.com
Please fill out the online form by July 24th, 2019 at 5:00pm using the following link: The Great Threadbare Pie Bake-off Entry Form
Entries will not be accepted without a submitted form. Thank you!